Picok is a sort of Newsvine, iGoogle clone script . It’s an open source software package which enable users to build their personal information dashboards. The content is in a dragable boxes, so called portlets, and layed out in a tabbed column-based interface. There are a quite few standard portlets shipped with Picok, but as it is an open system, maintainers of picok installations can easily create portlets of their own.
So Pickok can be a good base to start our own Newsvine – iGoogle service.
Some features of this iGoogle Clone Script
- Drag & Drop: Information is contained in draggable porlets
- Tabbed Interface: Allows creation, labeling and removing of tabs to organize different types of information.
- Portlet management: Add portlets from a predefined set.
- Tab management: Add, label and remove tabs
- Portlet auto refresh: Each portlet updates its content automatically in a predefined interval.
- Graded loading: Tabs and portlets are loaded separately to prevent a single tab or portlet to slow down the entire application.