Rnews is an open source RSS Feed aggregator script to create your own Newsvine clone website. You can manage hundreds of RSS feeds. Rnews feed aggregator was written in PHP and use Mysql. The installation is sample and the admin panel gives you many options to tweak your RSS agreggator website.
Flexible and Easy:
- Step-by-step web install and upgrade interface.
- Supports multiple users, and an optional default user for public-viewable feeds.
- A toolbar collects common actions for managing articles.
- Feed title and other information is auto-imported from the feed.
- Context-sensitive keyword search of article headlines and content.
- Add feeds using bookmarklets, a Firefox extension, or register Rnews as a Feed handler in Firefox.
- Feed scoring based on your viewing statistics — helps you cull uninteresting feeds, or sort by most popular.
- Block, wide-block, and list views of articles. Sort by name or score.
- Filter feeds to only show those with unread articles.
- Show article snippets beside the headlines for fast scanning.
- Mark articles as favorites to easily find them later and protect from deletion.
- User-configurable display of icons (for sites that have them).
- Categories — view all feeds at once, by category, or individually.
- Shows a configurable number of links — helpful for feeds that give only a small number of stories, or catching up when you’ve missed a few days.
- Can force update of feeds, overriding the default feed timeouts.
WordPress RSS Aggregator Theme
In that case you prefer to use WordPress to build an RSS aggregator website, there are some themes for this purpose. Since, WordPress is very flexible you can extend the functions of your website easily. Personally, I suggest you to check out the RSS theme form Templatic.