Building a job board website is certainly a great sort of online business. Once because the number searches are very high – and it will surely be, since there will always be people who search for jobs world wide – and that means great traffic. On the other hand, a job board website is really easy to be monetized once it runs well since both job seekers and employers can be asked for fees in order to use the site; and we must not forget about the PPC ads that we can also use for monetization.
Overall, building a job board is a great project, however there are some points that must be kept in mind when we start it. Here I would like to give some tips about how to build a job board that will be surely successful.
Features and Functions that Your Job Board Must Have
- The first thing you should never forget that you have two audiences: job seekers and employers. Therefore you site must serve the needs of these two groups. It is really important to choose a job board script that offers useful functions for both.
- Powerful search functionality is a must. You site should allow job seekers to search by keywords, location, category, if full-time or part-time job, if temporary or permanent etc. This advanced search must be enabled for the employers, too.
- An important option that should be offered for seekers is the ability to sign up for email alert whenever a fresh job post is made that fits their criteria. This way you can have returning visitors.
- Seekers must have the ability to upload their resume, CV etc. that can be accessed by the employers.
- For monetization purposes your job board script must support the mostly used payment getaways.
- Your site should support that employers can get info about how effective their ads are. This is really important if your site is paid.
- You script must also support to make your site paid or free. For example, allow you to ask money for featured ads.
Choosing the Proper Niche
In my point of view building large, general job portal is not the best idea considering that there are already many. But there are much less niche job portals that are built for one particular job type or location. To get the best results you should make a niche and keyword research, but it surely worth.
The greatest advantage of having a niche job board is that it will rank higher in search engines as it has relevant and highly informative content for one niche, plus it will be more useful for the visitors as they do not have search so much.
If you want to build a job board site here are some great scripts that you can use: