Writing press releases are effective and quite easy way to get backlinks and at the same time direct traffic. It helps to reach the audience faster and as your article is distributed on Google trusted authority sites you can get high quality links pointing to your site. On the other hand, it is a cheap way of SEO as there are many press release sites where you can submit for free, and there are some very high quality ones that allow submission on low price.
Overall, press release submission is a rather essential technique for SEO as well as getting traffic.
Here I would like to give you tips on how to write press releases effectively and what sort of elements you should use.
- Time and Date – You should add the time and date of your release at the top of it.
- Headline – This is may be the most important element of your article as this is what the visitors first see. Try to write a compelling headline, the aim to capture the attention of the potential costumers. You can get ideas if you check other companies headlines. Do not write too long headlines, ten words maximum.
- Subheadline – This is the place where you can add more info on the product or service. The aim to give more details.
- Dateline – Add the date and time when the document was released, you can also add your city or state as well.
- Introduction – This is the first paragraph where you cover the content of your press release generally. This is important since the most of the visitors only scam the articles.
- Body – This is obviously the most important part of your press release. Here you expand the introduction and go into your story. I suggest you to use statistics, trend information as they are liked by the customers. Give details of your product or service here, and tell who it is for, why is it useful and how it can help them. You press release must be clear and just about what you are offering.
- Contact information - Put contact information, website address as well as any other contact information.
Here is a great video about writing press release effectively
In order to get the most from you press release, of course, you should optimize it for search engines and that is about using keywords properly. You should use your keyword in the headline, and within the body of it. You should also use relevant secondary keywords as well as LSI keywords.
Overall, writing press release is a really and quite easy way to get traffic as well as to build links.
Latest Tweets About Writing Press Release
Do you know other techniques or tools that are useful for writing press releases? Please, share with us.