There are many techniques to get blog traffic. Most of them are easy and free, but they can help you to increase blog traffic dramatically. In this list, you can find 15 popular blog traffic techniques that are used by most of the successful bloggers.
You can also find some plugins that can also help you with link building (which is crucial for higher ranking), to get targeted readers from WEB 2.0 sites such as Blogger.
Tips to Get Blog Traffic
- Create at least 3 or 4 blog posts per week, but 1 every day is the best. Search engines and blog services love regular updates. It’s very likely that you will get targeted traffic from search engines if you post regularly.
- Submit to Google’s Reader. When you submit your own blog RSS to Google’s Reader the Google Blog Search will index your site.
- Submit your RSS To My Yahoo, as it will be indexed by Yahoo to increase your blog traffic.
- Use Ping sites such as pingomatic.com or pingoat.com. However, too much pinging is also disadvantageous. Ping your site every time you add a new post
- Submit your blog to trusted directories such as Dmoz (it is loved by Google). There are thousands of free directories you can submit your blog. Brad Callen’s directory submitter is a free tool to submit faster.
- Submit your new blog to the main search engines such as MSN, AltaVista. However, most of the search engines index blogs automatically sooner or later.
- A good way to get visitors to your blog is to submit your RSS feed to RSS directories like feedagg.com. Here is a list of RSS directories.
- An easy technique for website traffic and for SEO is to comment on other blogs. But, you must not spam and add short or meaningless comments! You do not want others to spam your blog either.
- Use track backs. It increases your link popularity and may even score a few interested readers from the linked site.
- Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites such as Digg. Hundreds of bookmarking sites can be found for that. Use Social Bookmarking Daemon to make the submitting faster.
- Use forums. Go to forums and find problems to solve. Do not forget to leave your blog link, but do not spam.
- Submit articles with a link to your blog to article directories like ezinearticles.com. Some tips for article marketing.
- Find a relevant group on Google groups, Yahoo groups, MSN groups or any other group services and find like minded people. Talk with them and use your blog URL like your name. You can get blog traffic that is extremely targeted.
- Ad a link to your blog in your e-mail signature block.
- Communicate with your visitors. If they leave a comment reply to it and help them.
You may Find Useful
Getting Blog Visitors By Using Plugins
If you use WordPress for blogging, you can even use plugins that help you in many ways to increase blog traffic from search engines and social networking sites. The following WordPress traffic and SEO plugins are built for optimizing WordPress as well as to getting traffic in many other ways.
Here are three plugins that will certainly help you to get more vistors.
WordPress Backlink Builder Plugin
Another important factor for SEO is to build links. You can do this manually, but you can even use a link builder plugin that automatically syndicates your posts to 20+ WEB 2.0 sites. By using this plugin, you will have higher rankings in search engines, and that means you more targeted traffic.
WordPress SEO Plugin
Another incredibly crucial factor is to write SEO friendly posts on your blog, simply on-site optimization is a must. Fortunately, WordPress SEO plugin called Easy WP SEO helps you to write SEO posts fast and easy. It tells you what type of modifications you should do and shows much other valuable information about your posts.
All in all, to get blog traffic you can do many techniques and use software to make tasks easier, faster and more effective.