Building a hotel, hostel or any sort of website like these can be simply done by using a WordPress hotel theme. Most of these themes have not only design, but also other features that are needed. Hotel WP themes have been already mentioned on this site – which I think are one of the best – but now I would like to give you some ideas what sort of things must be checked before you purchase a WordPress theme to build hotel website.
Must Have Functions in WordPress Hotel Theme
The first thing that must be mentioned is the layout, design of the site. There is no question that it must look professional and I think the most important part of a hotel site is the homepage as most of the people will land on that in case they want more info on the hotel or they want to book.
In my point of view, placing sliding images about the services and rooms is a really good idea, moreover all the must have pages like contact, booking, testimonials etc. must be reached simply from the homepage. Therefore, pick a WordPress hotel theme that is easy to be customized and offers extra features for the homepage modification.
Now, let’s talk about the features you will need to run a hotel website. Since people not only want to get information, but also they want to book their rooms and of course pay comfortably, your WordPress hotel theme must support the following functions.
- Booking System – The site must allow users to book their room in advanced, adding their arriving and other details.
- Room Management – This can be very useful for the administrators in order to offer all the necessary information about the rooms. If the hotel WP theme supports this feature, you will be able to crate more detailed and more informative pages for the rooms, plus which rooms are free.
- Advanced Search Function – If the hotel has many rooms, you should offer this option for the visitors to easily find their room based on their criteria.
- Backend Panel for Site Management – I suggest you to get a theme that has separated section within WordPress where you can manage all the needed things related to rooms, booking etc. as well the site related tasks such as customization of colors, layout etc.
- Payment Getaways – Paying with Paypal is a must, but the most sort of payment getaways the theme supports, the better.
Functions You Must Add to Your Hotel Website
- Contact Forms – This can be easily done if it is not integrated into the WordPress hotel theme by using plugins.
- Forms to add testimonials.
- Full contact information such as telephone etc. and even Facebook, Twitter contact.
Wordpress can be great and cheap way for hotel, hostel and restaurant owners to promote their services as well as handling the reservations. Personally, I suggest to use the WordPress hotel theme made by DailyWP.